Together we’ll use these tool to dig into how to:
- Take a systematic approach to building your base with those at the sharp end of the crisis.
- Develop strategic, escalating campaigns underpinned by a collective analysis of the problem.
- Raise our political consciousness and leadership capacity at every step of the way whilst building alliances and solidarity locally, nationally and internationally.
- Build an effective organisational structure and culture that aligns with our values.
The curriculum and follow on support:
The programme is delivered over two weekends. Throughout both weekends, we’ll give you various tools for setting the right culture of your group.
Over weekend one the curriculum will focus on:
- How to choose what issue to focus on - what kind of criteria you might use to inform this strategic decision.
- How to use power mapping to chart - who is our target, who can give us what we want, how might we influence them and who might help us.
- How you build your base, how to do different forms of outreach to bring people in, then how to do a 121, run a meeting and take a systematic approach that helps you get the numbers you need without burning out.
And weekend two will explore:
- Different tactics you can use for collective action
- How to escalate your campaign strategically to win the change you want to see as well as what it takes to put on a successful action
- What kind of organisational structure best supports transformative organising and how to build different forms of alliances.
As well as the taught curriculum over two weekends, participants will be able to attend a regular Wellbeing, Anti-Oppression and Collective Care session for Transformative Organising alumni, alongside workshops and skills shares for organisers within the NEON network.